The Moringa tree, native to North-West India, is also called “miracle tree”, with a high nutritional content and high amount of antioxidants.
Moringa is rich in nutrition owing to the presence of a variety of essential phytochemicals present in its leaves, pods and seeds. In fact, moringa is said to provide:
- 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
- 10 times more vitamin A than carrots
- 17 times more calcium than milk
- 9 times more protein than yoghurt
- 15 times more potassium than bananas
- 25 times more iron than spinach.
It’s nutrients are also highly bioavailable.